Global Outpost Services
Outpost Iraq is one of approximately 50 Outposts worldwide, together forming Shell's Global Outpost organisation. The organisation is staffed by Shell partners and offers inside information and professional services on aspects related to assignments overseas. It supports employees, their partners and families facing the challenges of global mobility, striving to contribute to their professional and personal well being.
Outpost Iraq Services
Assignments to Iraq are especially challenging since spouses (and families) are currently unable to accompany their partner to Iraq. Due to the varied empoyment arrangements (commuters, rotators, frequent business travelers etc) spouses (and families) are scattered worldwide, and are frequently required to cope alone for extended periods whilst their partners are working in Iraq.
Outpost Iraq services include:
Supporting recruitment and onboarding
- Providing employees and their families with timely and practical information about what it is like to work in Iraq, including the provision of dial-in information calls for Shell employees and their families considering assignments to Iraq and the Iraq Inside Guide.
- Providing virtual welcoming services for the global community of Shell employees and their families, taking up assignments in, or required to travel to Iraq.
Information and network services
- Administering an on-line Yammer network, supporting ongoing, interactive communication between the globally based community of spouses and families. This enables timely dissemination of information as well as facilitating dialogue related to shared experiences.
- Publishing periodic Newsletters to raise awareness to issues pertinent to the community.
- Organising occasional face-to-face information and networking events in Dubai.
- Helping Shell employees and their families respect and appreciate the culture of Iraq.
- Informing the community of wider issues related to global mobility, for example through the distribution of the Outpost Destinations magazine.